Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Nur Die Liebe zählt

On 7 October 2005 I received a call from Germany's Endemol inviting me to go there to give my girlfriend a surprise visit. Well, it was a serious joke for me when they called.

An email followed and more calls came thru. Then I said, "Oh, these people ain't joking with me, I really have a chance to go and see my girlfriend after 13months." The visa and airtickets were arranged for me and I was on my first flight ever in my life- to surprise my love.

I was in Germany on 26 Oct morning, and Asita, the 'girl' from Endemol was so good and kind that I didn't feel much away from home and in a new place. She's a good girl. keep it up Asita.

Mind you this was a surprise visit, so I was quarantined for two days lest my girlfriend or someone that knows me sees me and spoils the surprise. It was not bad, I enjoyed watching the movies and football, but all in German.

Asita and Barbara (my first contact from Endemol) took me out for dinner on wednesday and thursday respectively. I had friends with me actually keeping me company and making sure that am fine.

Finally the day of the show came, Friday 28 October. I was scared to death and I was so nervous that I could not eat despite being so hungry. I was thinking, "it has been over a year, is she still in love with me as a year ago?" Well this, I was to find out soon, and much sooner than later in the day.

Then I met Barbara, and she told me everything was working to plan.

THE PLAN
My girlfriend only knew that she was accompanying her best friend, Sandra, who had 'won' a prize to attend a TV show with tickets for two and all expenses paid for. In the last minute, they phoned them to say the show was fully booked and that they had to choose from three other shows. Of the three, they knew that my girl would choose their show "Nur Die Liebe zählt"; and she did just that.

Back in the studio, we were busy making a fake radio chikuni so that we tell her that Chikuni Radio On Air studio is now on webcam.

The Outcome
The show was on and after the first guest, the host Kai Pflaume, just said that "my next guest is Gesine."
Yeah she was really caught by surprise. After re-confirming that she has me as her boyfriend and getting details of where I work, they 'phoned' Radio Chikuni. And there I was, playing music at "Chikuni Radio" and we were talking and seeing each other. Well, my picture disappeared - 'technical' fault you may say. But that was to give me chance to walk to the main studio where my girlfriend and everyone else were.

About a metre behind her, she felt my presence. Mind you, she did not hear my presence, she felt it. Then she turned round and I had to jump to her and........
My question was answered, we both still had the same feelings as 13months ago.

Well that was a very good trip. I would like to thank Sandra (and Ben) for believing in our relationship. Vielen Dank. Asita and Barbara, thank you very much. Mr Fool, you were good also. And the whole Endemol crew and the Sat1 channel.

Hey, all you girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen - friends of my girlfriend: Thank you for having made me feel so much at home.

Papa and mama, thank you for treating me as a son, not a stranger. Regina, Mathias, thanks.

Indeed, All You Need Is Love - Nur Die Lieber Zählt.

Gesine, indeed like you said, sometimes true love may fall asleep, but it never dies. Ich Liebe Dich, I love you, Ndakuyanda kapati.

Check for the pictures 3-6, 18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment